Do you keep all your items in stock?
- Unlike many internet retailers who operate sometimes from bedrooms or small back street lock ups and drop shop items from suppliers resulting in lengthy delivery times and poor levels of customer service we have large warehouses, offices and a team dedicated to making sure your items get delivered in a satisfactory condition as quickly as possible. Each year we keep in stock hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of Christmas items to make sure that orders are processed quickly and we meet the demand from you, the customer.If an item is out of stock this will be clearly displayed on our website with a 'stock due in date', still allowing you to make the purchase if you wish.You are also welcome to call our sales line on 01226 388889 at anytime to check stock or speak with a member of our helpful team.
What time are your phone lines open from?
Our phone lines are open 7 days a week from 9am until 5pm Monday to Saturday and Sundays 10am until 4pm. Unlike many companies we aim to answer the phone within a couple of rings and our call centre is based here in the heart of Yorkshire. If you are calling outside of these hours you will have the option to leave a message and our friendly customer care team will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternitively you can email customer services: email@example.com (we aim to reply to all emails within 24 hours.)
What payment options do you accept?
We accept all major credit/debit cards, including American Express, and we also accept PayPal payments. If you experience any problems during the payment process our sales line is open 7 days a week from 9am until 5pm Monday to Saturday and Sundays 10am until 4pm. Please call on 01226 388889.
Do you have a shop or showroom I can visit?
No, we are an online only retailer. In order to keep our selection large and our prices down we do not have a shop or showroom where you can view our products.
Can I track my order?
Once your order has been despatched from our warehouse, you will be sent a confirmation email which will provide a tracking number and the relevant website to visit in order to track your order. Orders shipped with Royal Mail are not trackable but are sent First Class.
Please be aware that it may take a short time for your tracking number to show any updates as some of our couriers take longer to send us your tracking information.
Can orders be collected from your warehouse in Barnsley?
Unfortunately, no, items cannot be collected from our warehouse.
When do you take payment for my order?
Payment is taken at the point of placing your order.
Can you send me a catalogue with all your products in?
Due to our huge range of items it is hard for us to compress everything into a catalogue.
Instead we put all our energy into providing you with a website where you can shop 24 hours, 7 days a week.
How do I return a product purchased from UK Christmas World?
We want you to be 100% happy with your new purchase however we understand that sometimes it just isn’t what you wanted. You can request to return an item either over the phone or via email. You will then be provided with a Returns Authorisation Number (RAN).
You have 14 days from placing your order to change your mind and 14 days from then to send the item back to us. In order to receive a full refund, the item must be unused and in a resaleable condition.
For further information regarding our returns policies please click here.
Do you offer discount on volume decoration orders?
- Our price are already very low, if you do want to buy Christmas items in volume please contact our sales team on 01226 388889 where we can discuss your requirements.
I live outside the UK, can you let me know how much shipping would be for a particular item?
We have excellent relationships with most of the major courier companies. DHL/Fedex and Parcel Force are just three of the couriers we use to send items across the world. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to get the most competitive price. All are dispatches are fully trackable and this will be emailed to you once the order is placed.
How much do you charge for delivery?
Delivery to most UK mainland addresses is free of charge on all orders over £50.00. Orders under £50 incur a small fee of just £4.95 to cover postage and packaging materials used to ship the order carefully to your door. Occasionally there maybe small surcharges for remote areas in the Scottish Highlands and UK surrounding Islands. To deliver we use Yodel, DPD, Royal Mail and DHL. Once your item(s) is dispatched you will receive an email with full tracking details. If your item is sent via Royal Mail the service used is 24 hour first class and is not trackable.
Do I need to be in when my order arrives or can this be left somewhere?
Ideally you should be in when your order is delivered but we understand that this is not always possible. If this is the case, if you let us know a safe place that your order can be left (e.g. with a neighbour or in a shed etc) then we can request that this will be done but unfortunately this is at the couriers own discretion and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
What courier do you use to deliver?
Our main couriers are DPD and Yodel. For smaller items, Royal Mail will be used and for larger, heavier items, a pallet company called Palletways will deliver to you.
Do you offer a weekend delivery? And if so how much extra will this cost me?
- Items which are on a 24 hour delivery should be delivered on a Saturday with no extra charge if placed before the cut off on the previous day. This excludes Highlands and Islands. Please contact us directly on 01226 388889 for further details and specifications.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
We always endeavour to deliver your items as quickly as possible. The majority of items are dispatched the same day if ordered before 3pm and can be expected to be received within a couple of working days.
Some orders may take between 3-5 working days (especially during busy times). If it is an oversized item, we will get in touch to arrange a suitable delivery date with you.
When your order is dispatched we will automatically email you with the dispatch method and full tracking details (if applicable).
If you need to receive your order faster, please get in touch as we may be able to help!
Why choose LED Christmas Lights over traditional bulbs?
LED lights are up to three times brighter than traditional style Christmas lights and use almost 90% less energy, helping the environment. LED lights also last much longer, the typical life of an LED bulb is 100,000 hours! I think we can all agree this is many years.
Can the multi function controller for my Christmas Lights be kept outside?
- Normally the multi function controller used to control the pattern, speed etc of the lights cannot be left outside due to the technical components inside which need to be kept dry. Ideally the controller needs to be kept inside (this also makes it much easier to change the pattern as and when needed without having to go outside) or if you have an outdoor weatherproof box this can be kept in here with other plugs and transformers.
Are Christmas Lights designed to be left plugged in outside?
- Most of our outdoor lights are designed to be used outdoors all year round and come with a high quality moulded plug. This plug needs to be placed into an outdoor weatherproof socket. If you don't have this then try one of our weatherproof multi use boxes which are designed to house around four plugs and transformers for various Christmas Lights in your garden.
I need some technical help with my Christmas Lights, can someone help me?
As a company we have now been selling Christmas Lights for over five years so our team have a vast knowledge of both indoor and outdoor lights. We offer great products at competitive prices but hope that one thing that makes UK Christmas World stand out from the crowd is our excellent levels of customer service. We are here to help and you the customer are our main priority. Our customer care line can be contacted 7 days a week (01226 388889) alternatively feel free to email email@example.com and we aim to get back to you within a couple of hours during normal business hours.
Why are white LED Christmas Lights more expensive then Blue LED lights?
- This is a questions we get asked daily! The answer lies with the manufacturer and the cost price for the raw material used to produce the LED. White LED's are renowned for costing approx 10-15% more than other colours including blue.
Do your Artificial Christmas Trees come with hinged branches?
- The majority of our new trees now come with hinged branches, however all our items do state whether the tree is hinged or not.
How many lights do I need for my tree?
The big question we all get asked every year, how many lights do you think I need for my tree? You can find out our recommendations by clicking here.