Chocolate Orange Brownie Recipe
This week we come to the boss of UK Christmas World's home to make the most amazing Chocolate Orange Brownie. Something which can be enjoyed all year round but makes a great treat at Christmas for friends and family.
- 1 orange zest
- 200g of butter, chopped
- 200g of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 350g of caster sugar
- 150g of plain flour
- 70g cocoa powder
- 100g of milk chocolate orange, chopped
Here's how to make it!....
- Get a baking tin and line with paper. A trick here is to wet the baking paper in the sink, scrunch out and this makes moulding to the shape of the tin much easier. Turn the oven on and pre heat to around 140-150 degrees.
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks and chop the butter into small cubes
- Place the butter and the chocolate chunks into a pan on a medium heat
- Zest orange into the pan, don't go too deep into the orange as the white bits can be quite bitter.
- Take the pan off the heat and put to one side to cool
- Into a large mixing bowl beat the four eggs, add the caster sugar and whisk until light and fluffy
- Add the 70g of cocoa powder which needs to be sieved into the bowl, gently whisk again, folding the cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture and continue to fold & stir
- Pour in the chocolate mixture from the pan, stirring and folding until you have a smooth consistency
- Finely chop the chocolate orange and add to the bowl, a quick stir and the mixture can then be poured gently into the baking tray
- Place into the pre heated oven at 140-150 degrees for roughly 40 minutes. The brownie needs to have a film over the top, firmer sides and a slight wobble!
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and then enjoy!