Christmas Florentines Recipe
It's week 4, and here at the great Christmas bake off we were set the challenge of making Florentines.
- 50g butter
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g plain flour
- 25g cranberries
- 50g candid peel
- 50g almonds
- 200g milk chocolate
This should be enough to make 18 Florentines.
Here's how to make it!....
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place baking paper onto 3 baking trays
- Place the butter and sugar into a pan and combine over a medium heat until the butter has melted
- Measure out the flour, almonds, cranberries and peel. The cranberries and almonds may need to be finely chopped.
- Once the butter has melted take off the heat and gradually add the above ingredients stirring gradually
- Teaspoon the mixture onto the baking trays, you should be looking for 6 Florentines to each baking tray. Leave plenty of room around the edge as they spread really quickly!
- Place in the oven for between 8-10 minutes until golden brown
- Break the milk chocolate down into chunks and melt
- Once the Florentines are cooked leave to cool on a cooling rack and then add the melted chocolate to one side of the Florentine, making sure you cover the whole biscuit
- Leave to set and enjoy! - we've just taken a box into the office, demolished within 5 minutes with some great feedback, they were luscious.