Sticky Christmas Marshmallow Bars Recipe
This week were at Hayley’s House, our Customer Care consultant and Chief Tea Maker.
This is the perfect Christmas bake when you have little hands to help or keep occupied. This easy recipe is fool proof and involves no baking so all the family can help and join in.
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 large bag marshmallows
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g mixed raisins and sultanas
- 25g cashew nuts
- 25g dried bananas
- 200g shortbread biscuits
- 2 tbsp grounded cinnamon
- 1 tsp grounded nutmeg
- 4 tbsp. golden syrup
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 200g Rice Krispies
1. Butter a large dish. Melt half of each type of chocolate with the butter in a bowl, sat over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth and glossy.
2. Roughly chop up the biscuits, dried bananas, cashew nuts, raisins, cranberries and sultanas, and half the bag of marshmallows. Then mix in a large mixing bowl add the golden syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Keep a hand full of the dried fruit to one side for the top of the bars.
3. Now add the chocolate and butter mix to your chopped up mixture. Once all the roughly chop items are covered add the Rice Krispies a little at a time.
4. Place the remaining marshmallows into a large bowl and carefully add the boiling water, stir constantly until fully melted, this takes around five minutes. Add the melted marshmallow mix to the other wet ingredients, mix well until everything is coated.
Tip the mixture into the buttered dish, then flatten it down with the back of a spoon.
5. Roughly chop the rest of the chocolate. Scatter this chocolate along with the remaining dried fruit, over your tray. Press down slightly with your spoon so that they stick to your bars. Put in the fridge until set.
When set, cut into chunks and serve.